FUELED UP KIDS BOXING CLASSES
About FUEL Kids (for kids 5-12 years old)
Our FUEL Kids classes are a lot of fun and focus on teaching kids the basics of boxing and having fun with fitness! All participants will engage in age and skill-level appropriate boxing and fitness drills, which includes coordination, cardiovascular and muscle strength, balance, and body control. Our drills also help refine hand-eye connections, following directions, and the mental exercise of learning and applying new skills.
The sessions are 5-6 classes, 45-minutes in length, and the sessions are $130 (gloves are $15). The classes are split into two groups – older and younger kids. Our instructors have clearances and certifications, and follow a pre-designed curriculum focused on providing age-appropriate skills and drills to get the kids moving, learning, and having fun with fitness!
No two sessions are the same, so kids can keep coming back and learning.
To join any session, parents must:
- Sign up kids in advance (at least 3 days prior to the session kickoff).
- Complete a waiver on the first day of the session.
- Ensure the participating child has gloves (either by purchasing through us or bringing an appropriate-sized pair).
On class day, kids must have:
- Appropriate footwear/clothes
- Water bottle with a lid or top closure
FUEL Kids Boxing Fall 2019
We are excited to bring back our FUEL Kids Boxing classes this fall!
Our Fall 2019 session dates are as follows:
- SESSION ONE (Saturdays at 10.15 a.m.) – 9/14, 9/21, 9/28, 10/5, 10/12
- SESSION TWO (Saturdays at 10.15 a.m.) – 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16, and 11/23
- Enrollment is not open yet
Details for all sessions:
- Classes are for kids 5-12. we split the kids based on age/skill-level into two groups (approx. 5-7 and 8-12). The placement of the kids is based on the instructor’s discretion.
- Classes are available in sessions. On occasion, we offer single classes for kids, but more often we offer them in a series so kids can learn and the class can be progressive. Sessions are 5-6 sessions in length (check specific session info for exact dates). Kids enrolled are enrolled for the entire session. It is okay if they cannot make it to a class for any reason, but the enrollment is a single cost for the entire session and there are no options for refunds, transfers, or exchanges.
- Arrival/end of class. Our classes will begin promptly at 10.15 a.m. We ask that kids arrive anytime between 10.05 a.m. and the start of class so we can stay on schedule and everyone is respectful of the timing. The kids will finish by 11 a.m. (give or take 5 mins) and we ask that parents are there and ready to take their child at the end.
- We offer one makeup for inclement weather/FUEL cancellation. If for some reason (beyond our control) we must cancel a session, we will offer one makeup class. That class will be scheduled for a date as close to the session dates as possible. We will do our best to reschedule as soon as possible.
- Kid Policy. Our kid policy is our agreement for respect and kindness. We expect every child to act appropriately for the given environment. that includes being respectful of each other, themselves, our space, the instructor, and anyone else involved in the program. Children who are repeatedly disrespectful may be asked to take a break. If the pattern continues, we may request that the child leaves the program.
- Parent Policy. We ask that parents stay for a short time at the beginning of class to ensure their child is set-up and ready to go. After the class begins, parents are welcome to join our 30-minute cycle class (complimentary for one parent per child, or $10) or leave the studio. We do, however, ask that parents stay close by and leave a mobile phone number so they can be reached in case of an emergency. We also ask that you give our instructors/coaches flexibility and the chance to do their job without interference. Please do feel free to approach us with questions, concerns, or suggestions, but do so at an appropriate time (before/after class or by calling/emailing).
- Other Notes. Metered arking is available on-street (0.25 cents for 30 minutes) and free street parking on nearby side streets. Please ensure kids are not eating or chewing gum before/during class and do not consume snacks within the studio space.